Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2016 Statute


40-5508.Nonresident public adjuster license, when; requirements. (a) Unless denied licensure pursuant to K.S.A. 2016 Supp. 40-5510, and amendments thereto, a nonresident individual shall receive a nonresident public adjuster license, if:

(1) The individual is currently licensed and in good standing as a resident public adjuster in that individual's home state;

(2) the individual has submitted the proper request for licensure, has paid the appropriate fee required by K.S.A. 2016 Supp. 40-5505, and amendments thereto, and, if required by the commissioner to do so, has provided proof of financial responsibility in accordance with K.S.A. 2016 Supp. 40-5511, and amendments thereto;

(3) the individual has submitted to the commissioner the appropriate completed application for licensure; and

(4) the individual's home state awards nonresident public adjuster licenses to residents of this state on the same basis.

(b) The commissioner may verify the public adjuster's licensing status through the producer database maintained by the NAIC.

(c) As a condition to continuation of a public adjuster license issued under this section, the licensee shall maintain a resident public adjuster license in the licensee's home state. The nonresident public adjuster license issued under this section shall terminate and be surrendered immediately to the commissioner, if the home state public adjuster license terminates for any reason, unless the public adjuster has a new home state and has been issued a license as a resident public adjuster in the new home state. Notification to the state or states where the nonresident license is issued must be made as soon as practicable, but no later than 30 days of a change in the new home state resident license. The licensee shall include in such notification the licensee's new and old addresses. A new home state resident license is required for a nonresident license to remain valid, and the new home state must have reciprocity with this state, in order for the nonresident license to remain valid.

History: L. 2009, ch. 83, § 8; Apr. 23.