Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2012 Statute


59-3056.Voluntary petition for appointment of conservator. An adult person for whom no guardian or conservator has been appointed, and who is not a proposed ward or a proposed conservatee may file in the district court of the county of residence of such person a verified petition requesting the appointment of a conservator for the petitioner. The petition shall include:

(a) The person's name, age, date of birth, address of permanent residence and present address or whereabouts, if different from the person's permanent residence;

(b) the factual basis upon which the person alleges the need for the appointment of a conservator;

(c) the name, age, date of birth, gender, address, place of employment, relationship to the petitioner, if any, of the individual or corporation whom the petitioner requests that the court appoint as conservator, and any personal or agency interest of the proposed conservator that may be perceived as self-serving or adverse to the position or best interest of the proposed conservatee, and whether such individual or corporation should be required to file a bond. If the proposed conservator is under contract with the Kansas guardianship program, the petition shall state that fact;

(d) a request that the court make a determination that there is a need for the appointment of a conservator and that the court appoint a conservator;

(e) the names and addresses of the relatives nearest in kinship to the person;

(f) the general character and probable value of the real and personal property, including the amount and sources of income, of the person;

(g) the name, address of any existing fiduciary for the person and a description of that fiduciary relationship.

History: L. 2002, ch. 114, § 7; L. 2008, ch. 64, § 2; July 1.