Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
July 4, 2020
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2017 Statute

Prev Article 1. - GENERAL PROVISIONSNext

68-102a.Same; notice. Before any road is laid out, altered or vacated without the presentation of a petition, the county clerk shall give notice of the proposed action by publication once in the official county newspaper and by sending notice by certified mail to each owner of property adjoining the road, at the address where the owner's tax statement is sent. The notice shall set forth a description of the road proposed to be laid out, altered or vacated. Proceedings for the award of damages, if any, to the property owners affected by such action, and any appeal therefrom, shall be made in the same manner as provided in K.S.A. 68-107, and amendments thereto. Any person or persons may make written application to the county commissioners for payment for damage to property caused by such action. The county commissioners shall not award damages unless there has been filed with the county clerk, within 12 months after the entering of the order laying out, altering or vacating such road, a written application giving a description of the premises for which damages or compensation are claimed. The county commissioners shall determine the amount of damage sustained, if any, by such claimant. All applications for damages shall be forever barred unless they are presented as provided by this act.

History: L. 1931, ch. 243, § 2; L. 1981, ch. 173, § 67; L. 1999, ch. 146, § 2; July 1.

Prev Article 1. - GENERAL PROVISIONSNext
2020. Powered by KLISS. Rendered: 2020-07-04T05:55:59. Head Rev No: 582576(E)