Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2012 Statute


24-617.Appeal from decision of board; bond; transcript; procedure.    Any person or corporation who has filed objections and had a hearing as herein provided feeling aggrieved by the decision and judgment of the said board of supervisors, may appeal to the district court within and for the county in which said drainage district was originally established, upon giving a bond conditioned the same as in appeals to the district court in civil actions from justices of the peace in this state, and payable to said drainage corporation, and in addition thereto conditioned that they will pay all damages which may accrue to said drainage district by reason of said appeal, which bond shall be approved by the secretary of said board of supervisors, and filed with said secretary within ten days after the rendition of the decision appealed from. Within ten days after the filing of said bond said secretary shall make and file a transcript of said hearing together with all the papers relating thereto, with the clerk of the district court, to which said matter has been appealed.

Upon the filing of said transcript and bond the said district court shall have jurisdiction of said cause, and the same shall be docketed and filed as in appeals in other civil actions to said court, and said court shall hear and determine all such objections in a summary manner as a case in equity, and shall increase or reduce the amount of benefit on any tract where the same may be required in order to make the apportionment equitable. All objections that may be filed shall be heard and determined by said court as one proceeding and only one transcript of the final order of the board of supervisors fixing the apportionments or benefits shall be required. The clerk of the district court shall forthwith certify the decision of the court to the board of supervisors who shall take such action as may be rendered necessary by such decisions.

History: L. 1911, ch. 168, § 17; May 22; R.S. 1923, 24-617.