Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
Sept. 25, 2020
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2019 Statute

Prev Article 1. - GENERAL PROVISIONSNext

68-114.Proceedings for change in roads; eminent domain. When it is found necessary to lay out, relocate, alter, widen or vacate a road or highway for the purpose of eliminating sharp turns or other dangerous places, or for the proper construction of a highway, or for the extension of a bridge or culvert, the board of county commissioners shall by order of said board lay out, relocate, alter or widen a public road and may vacate an existing road. All land required for the laying out, widening or altering of a road shall be acquired by the board of county commissioners by purchase, donation or, if the owner or owners of the land shall refuse to sell or donate said land, by exercise of the right of eminent domain pursuant to article 5 of chapter 26 of Kansas Statutes Annotated.

History: L. 1921, ch. 220, § 1; R.S. 1923, 68-114; L. 1976, ch. 293, § 1; July 1.

Prev Article 1. - GENERAL PROVISIONSNext
2020. Powered by KLISS. Rendered: 2020-09-25T00:10:25. Head Rev No: 573039(E)