Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
Feb. 23, 2021
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2019 Statute


12-631o.Same; reserve funds; payment or transfer of certain moneys to fund. Any municipality, by resolution of the governing body thereof, may establish one or more reserve funds for the future maintenance and operation of its sewerage system and for the construction of improvements and expansions to such system. Such reserve fund or funds may be established whether the municipality finances such sewerage system as a function of its general fund or as a separate or combined utility fund, and any moneys budgeted as a revenue of such general or utility fund for the purposes of the sewerage system may be transferred periodically to such reserve funds by order of the governing body. Any portion of a capital contribution in aid of construction received by a municipality from industrial or other large system users, under the provisions of P.L. 92-500 or under contractual agreements with such municipality, which money has not been credited to a construction or bond payment fund for such sewerage system, or paid to the federal government under the provisions of P.L. 92-500, may be paid to or transferred to such reserve funds.

History: L. 1973, ch. 56, § 2; April 20.

2021. Powered by KLISS. Rendered: 2021-02-23T03:21:02. Head Rev No: 592523(I)